We earlier wrote about the ideal candidate for a Brazilian butt lift, one of the most popular body contouring procedures last year, not just here at our Houston buttock enhancement practice but in the entire country as well.
Apart from wanting to know how it’s like to prepare for the procedure and whether or not they’re an ideal candidate, another common concern from our patients wanting to have a Brazilian butt lift is how recovery would be like.
Here’s a quick glimpse on how recovery after your Brazilian butt lift would be like:
- Sitting may not be allowed during the first two to three weeks following surgery with the exception of toilet breaks. By and large, you will be instructed to lie on your side or stomach while sleeping, reading, or doing similar activities. The same approach should be utilized while you’re being transported from the surgical facility to your home. The rationale behind this instruction is that you need to give the fat grafts enough time to incorporate with the underlying blood vessels and consequently build their own network of blood supply.
- If you’re thinking of stretching or squatting post-surgery, they may not be a good idea at all as they can put significant wear and tear on the skin and tissues.
- Compression garments may be put in place immediately after the procedure. You will be given instructions on how to take care of them as well as the best time to have them removed which is typically within a week or two.
- Swelling, alongside pain (particularly once the anesthesia wears off), will be present following surgery. In some cases, swelling can even last for weeks or months. Desired outcomes will most likely be noticed once the swelling has subsided. Pain medications will also be prescribed.
- Drains will be put in place during the first few days to help eliminate buildup of fluids and reduce swelling at the same time. Oral antibiotics may be prescribed to help reduce your risk of postoperative infection.
Planning for Your Brazilian Butt Lift with Dr. Cortes
During your personal consultation, Dr. Cortes will thoroughly assess your cosmetic goals and medical history to be able to come up with a personalized Brazilian butt lift plan, including your recovery. Your medical history will also be carefully reviewed. Schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Cortes by calling 281.401.3472 or by filling out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!