The buttocks, alongside the breasts, is one of the most common areas of the body subjected to recontouring and augmentation. Nowadays, a Brazilian butt lift is quite popular amongst those who would like to improve the size, shape and overall appearance of the buttocks. In this body contouring procedure, buttock sculpting specialist Dr. Wilberto Cortes utilizes liposuction to transfer fat to the buttocks.
If you’ve been thinking about having a Brazilian butt lift, you might want to read on the details below on how to prepare for the procedure.
A Brazilian butt lift is not for everyone. You are an ideal candidate for the procedure if you:
- are relatively in excellent health, both physical and mental
- have realistic expectations of the procedure
- have sufficient amounts of fat in the body; you should be at least 20 to 30 lbs of your ideal weight
- should have tight-looking skin
- should have appropriate hip to waist ratio
Intra-abdominal vs. Extra-abdominal fat
Before officially signing up for the procedure, you might also want to figure out what exactly happens during a Brazilian butt lift.
Initially, Dr. Cortes will harvest your intra-abdominal fat — that fat which you can actually grab or pinch with your hand. You need to have sufficient amounts of fat to be able to qualify for a Brazilian butt lift.
Some individuals may have the appropriate body weight but the fat they have is extra-abdominal fat. Anyone with this kind of fat may have problems in coming up with the right amount of fat for the procedure. He or she may have to gain more weight before qualifying for a Brazilian butt lift with Dr. Cortes.
Be Fully Informed
It is very important for you to list down all your concerns and questions concerning the procedure. Read on the topic as much as possible and try to ask individuals who have undergone Brazilian butt lift before. Dr. Cortes will also provide you with information on what you are supposed to prepare and expected to do before and after the procedure.
On a whole, the following are the things you need to consider before a Brazilian butt lift with Dr. Cortes:
- Arrange for someone to look after you during the first 24 to 48 hours of the procedure.
- Quit smoking for at least 6 weeks the day of the surgery as smoking’s adverse effects could lead to delayed healing.
- Stock up on items and medications which will most likely be needed after the procedure.
- Be aware of the possible risks and complications so you would know what to expect post-procedure.
Get started on your Brazilian butt lift consultation today with Dr. Cortes by calling 281.407.3472 or by filling out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!